Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy Bee

Well, it has been another long stretch since I updated last!!! So sorry! I have been putting it off and don't know why. But here I am. It is Wednesday morning at 12:46 am. Unfortunately, it is a chilly 40 degrees outside. BOO! I am ready for warmer weather. The crazy thing is that I was in short sleeves on Sunday and probably will be again tomorrow since it is supposed to be in the 70's. We even had a few snow showers between Monday and Tuesday. Gotta love this crazy Tennessee weather!! The landscape/scenery definitely makes it worth every minute though. Ok, enough small talk about the weather. On to bigger and better topics!! Like:
Root canals!!! I had another one on Monday at 10:30!!!! I should be an old pro at it by now. That makes the 6th tooth to be tunneled! I have horrible, horrible teeth!! I wish I could go get every single one permanently capped and just be done with it!! This is going to be the week for dental visits because I have a cleaning scheduled on Thursday. Yippee! I am getting better, but I still would rather not go! Enough of this subject:
Church...We have been busy!! This past weekend we had regular church services and then went on to have a fun-filled afternoon! Ok, let me think....Cara, Meredith, Kyle, Mr. Ed, Seth, Heath, Lindsey, and I all went to see Fast and Furious after lunch on Sunday. This is the fourth installment in the series, and I found out that it is a prequel to Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift, (which I heard was awful). Let me just say..... onscreen there is nothing better than Vin Diesel and Paul Walker!!! They are HOTT!! The movie was good too. LOL! It was definitely geared toward the fellas though. It is about street racing and then they had scenes with scantily clad females and even some females kissing. Ewww! They definitely could have left all that out! All in all, I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Having Vin Diesel and Paul Walker in the same movie earn it an automatic 2 stars!! Did I mention they were FINE!! Ok, so then after the movie, Mr. Ed was so nice to invite us over to their house until Lifegroup started. Cara and I had a great time visiting with the Matlocks'. They always keep you laughing!! Lifegroup was wonderful. We had 25 people at Mr. Ed and Mrs. Cindy's house. The food theme was pasta and salad dishes. The guys voted and thought it was the best meal ever!! I thought it was pretty good. I made Ramen Noodle Salad, and it was good, if I say so myself. I also made Cinnamon Pound Cake, and I think it made Lindsay pretty happy, because there was A LOT left over, and she got to take it home with her. I got to hold her new baby Evelyn for most of the night!! She is such a sweet baby!! After I got home, I passed out in the bed!!
**This blog seems to be going backwards so let's continue!!**
Saturday, I overslept. My clock was set for 7:30 because I was going with Cara to Franklin. She is going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding in August, and we had to meet up with the bridal party on Saturday so she could try on dresses. I woke up at 9:10, and miraculously I was ready and meeting Cara at 9:30! The whole shop for bridesmaid dresses was fun. It made me want to get engaged and married!! The wedding dresses were gorgeous!! We all went to eat lunch afterwards at HRH Dumplins in downtown Franklin. It is a small cafe that specializes in Chicken-n-Dumplins! I tried them and thought they were good but not as good as my Meme's!! I sure do miss her dumplins. When we were done with dress shopping, Cara and I went over to the Galleria and did a little shopping. Then, we went to Wal-Mart and did more shopping. Needless to say, when I got home I was pooped!!!! TIRED!! I had to lay on the couch for almost 2 hrs before I was ready to cook for Lifegroup!!
Friday: I don't remember the morning part of Friday, but I know that Friday night, Cara and I made a quick stop at Opry Mills and then went to eat with her parents and brother at The Cock of the Walk. As I usually do when I am around this family, I laughed until I almost peed my pants!! I was hurriedly searching for a bathroom at the end of the meal!! I took some funny pictures at the end of the meal and will post them on here separately!!
Ok, that is all you get for now. I am off today and tomorrow, and I should have some fun and interesting stuff to talk about next time!!! Hope all my followers (2) are having a good week. Thanks to my 2nd official follower, Cara! You have been noticed and logged!!! Love and peace! S \/

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I was totally excited about the cake which is already over halfway gone and Evelyn said she really enjoyed you holding her all night!