Monday, October 26, 2009
Then, A FINE FRENZY came out!! I had a great time watching/listening to the show. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't take good indoor pictures of things that are farther away. But I am determined to post one anyway. SO here goes...
I know, I know... I either need lessons on photography or a new camera!! She is in the picture though, and she has long red hair and is dressed in black pants, white button-up, and black blazer! The music was lovely!! If you haven't heard of her, go check out her website. http://afinefrenzy.com/ I like all her songs, but her newest single, Blow Away is really awesome!
Needless to say, by the time I got home I was tired, and I laid down at close to midnight. I got to sleep about 13 hours and wanted to sleep longer, but... who can resist this face??
Until next time, be blessed!! S =)
Monday, October 19, 2009
Here is Patty, on stage, at the Ryman for a great photo op!
The next day we had church and then went for a visit to Uncle James and Aunt Evelyn's farm. Here are pictures from that day....
Patty and Leah, the milk cow
Patty on a very old tractor which belonged to Uncle James's dad.
Patty lovin' the John Deere!
We all had a great time while they were here, and I am looking forward to going out to LA for Thanksgiving to meet the rest of my "new" family.
The next off weekend I had my sister Misha down for a visit. This was another first timer, so we did some touristy stuff, but unfortunately, she took all the pictures, and I have no idea when I will ever see them. My friend, Leslie came up for a visit on my next weekend, and there are no pictures as proof!! I always forget to take or use the camera!! This brings me to my next set of pictures, which we will call The Incident...I had a run-in with a deer, and we both won. He won because he did damage, and I won because he didn't do much damage!! I don't think it killed him, because I didn't see a corpse, but I imagine he had an awful headache. Here's more....
The next week, I went to the All For the Hall Benefit for the Country Music Hall of Fame with Cara. We got to see Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Vince Gill, Little Big Town, Dierks Bentley, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, Faith Hill, and Taylor Swift all at the same concert!! It was pretty awesome for just $25!! Here is a picture of Cara and I waiting for the concert to begin...And finally, this weekend, my Mom came for a visit! We had a blast as always, and we love to shop, so we did... a lot!! We were both worn out when we got home every evening! On Saturday night, my Sunday school class had an activity planned called Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, and my Mom participated with me. A brief summary of the activity is a family signs up to either be guests or hosts, and everyone is paired up. However, the guests only have an address and so they don't know whose house they are going to, and the hosts have a number of people attending, but don't know who's coming to dinner! It is really fun. We went to Meredith's house, and I brought my camera, so here are some pics from that night...
L-R Me, Meredith, Tonya, Adam, and Rachel
Mom, Me, and Meredith
So there you go, it has been a very busy couple of months, and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. I hope everyone is keeping warm and having a great week!! Love to all, and until next time, Be BLESSED!!! S
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
- I remember all three of us outside under Meme and Grandaddy's carport playing with a Fisher Price Tape Player and Recorder. We would listen to the music on one side, which was usually kiddie songs, and on the other side, we would record our own masterpieces. One song in particular, I will never forget... "U Can't Touch This," by MC Hammer was our favorite for awhile. We would sing only the chorus of the song over and over, and Em would always interrupt and say, "Lemme say sunthin, lemme say sunthin... a nana nana a nana nana." If I remember correctly, we also put the recorder in the mailbox one time to see what kind of sounds were being made inside there. LOL!
- Another favorite pasttime of ours was riding our bikes in front of Meme and Grandaddy's house. They live on a dead-end street, so we were allowed to ride up and down the street as many times as we wanted. Emily would follow behind us on her bike, but it sure made a lot of noise. She still had training wheels on her bike, and she would go so fast that the training wheels couldn't hardly keep up!!
- I think the one thing we enjoyed most of all was playing with Barbies. Man, we had the biggest Barbie collection ever! I still haven't seen one to beat ours. We would completely destroy Meme and Grandaddy's living room while we turned it into Barbie Central!! We had a mansion, tons of car, pools, furniture, and about three big duffel bags full of Barbies and clothes. We used to run and steal some of Meme's washcloths and use them with books or magazines to make a bed and comforter for Barbie and Ken. We also were threatened within an inch of our life to clean up all of the mess, or Grandaddy would take all of our prized possessions and throw them away at the dump, no less.
- During the summer, Meme would always take us swimming. Usually, she would take us once in the morning and again in the afternoon. We only got to go twice, if we left when she told us to at our morning swim trip and took a nap after lunch. She would take her lawn chair, umbrella, and kitchen timer along with us every time. She would sit in the shade and set her kitchen timer for 30 minutes, which was how long we had in the pool. We were allowed to take one Barbie apiece to join in our pool fun. Ahhh, the memories....
- We weren't always over at Meme and Grandaddy's house, but most of my memories are there. On occasion, Aunt Anna would have us over to her house for tea parties! We really loved that. We would sit at her dining room table in those birthday party hats with the elastic bands around the bottom, and she would give us hot tea with cookies. My hot tea was mostly comprised of sugar and milk.... yummmm!
Well, I hope you all enjoyed this trip down memory lane. It made me think of two of my favorite girls!! I am off in the morning for 6 nights!!! Yippee!! Mama comes on Thursday, and I have a lot to do before she comes!! Can't wait to see her though, it has been way too long!
I hope everyone is enjoying this cooler, fall weather! The leaves are starting to turn here in Tennessee and everything is looking crisp and beautiful. Love to everyone!! Until next time, be blessed! S =)
Saturday, October 10, 2009
In case you can't tell, she is a banana!!
This is her "I really hate this, Mom" face!
More Maggie cuteness!
Ok, that is all for now!! Happy Fall!! Get out and enjoy this cool weather, if you aren't being drowned with rain!! Love to all!
Be blessed, S =)