Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday morning (not the store)

Good morning everyone! It is 4:22 am on Tuesday morning. We are having warmer weather here right now. Yay! I was getting tired of the cold. I haven't been able to put up a post with pictures from the farm. My computer has been down at home....BOO! My new modem was supposed to arrive yesterday, but I never saw it. I might have to call AT&T back today. I am also watching Twilight for like the 50th time! I really like the movie. I think I could be a little obsessed. I think about watching the movie when I am not watching it. Isn't that a symptom of addiction??
So, let's see... what's been going on since I last posted on here:
Last Thursday, I had to go back to the dentist for a "special" cleaning and a "review of findings" session from my first visit. I was told that I had periodontal disease which I knew....(such a procrastinator about the dentist), and I would need a special cleaning for my gums that is called scaling. I got happy gas and every tooth got some numbing jelly on it, so I was feeling no pain. My nice dental hygienist, Trish, used a special instrument that pushed out Chlora-hexadene around and between all my teeth and down into my gums. I made it through the ordeal fine and got instructions for using Chlora-hexadene at home with my brand new Waterpik which my Mom bought for me that day as well. I guess I should have been a dentist!! They seem to be able to make a very good living!!! My next appointment will be a regular teeth cleaning, and then we are supposed to get down to business!! Yippee... I have to say that going so many times recently has helped me with my fear. I guess if you do something that scares you often enough, it will stop scaring you.
After the dentist, I went here, there, and yonder in search of an Easter dress. I finally found one at yonder!! I went all the way to Hendersonville from West Nashville to the Lane Bryant at Indian Lakes. I got three dresses. I ended up not wearing the one I got for Easter because it was chilly. I wore the longer dress with a sweater. After finding my dress, I drove back to West Nashville to Green Hills, because I had plans to meet up with some friends from church. We went to a place called Brushfire, a pottery-painting workshop. It was a lot of fun. I used to go to a similar place in Alabama called All Fired Up. I chose a shallow bowl which could be used for serving . I painted it a pretty light green and put a purple paisley print in the bottom center. I am looking forward to seeing how it turned out.
The next few days are not worth mentioning because I had work.
Sunday morning was Easter. I got off work at 7 am, and I went to the house to get ready for church. I wore my new black maxi-dress. It has turquoise colored straps at the top and turquoise piping along the edges of the top. It is very flowy and drops from black to white-printed flowers at the bottom. I love it!! It is just the dress I was looking for. I had to add a black sweater to the ensemble, because like I said, it was chilly. We had a short, but sweet Sunday school class, and then it was time for church. AWESOME!! It was the best church service to date!! It was a little drama, mixed with preaching, mixed with singing. The singing gave me chill bumps!! After church, I went to eat lunch with Cara and family as usual. The rest of the afternoon was spent with me trying not to fall asleep, falling asleep, waking up to take a nap, taking a nap, and then waking up to be in a fog for the rest of the evening before going to bed.
Tonight, I am supposed to go and visit Tonya and Adam's new baby with Cara. I can't wait to meet her. Wednesday and Thursday will be spent at work. This weekend is the Ladies Renewal Retreat down at Henry Horton State Park. Hopefully, I will have some good pictures to post.
I hope everyone has a great week and weekend. Love to all!! S :0)

No comments: