Sunday, August 31, 2008

Things Change in an Instant

Well, looks like there's a storm brewin! My plans are changing for vacation. Instead of leaving on Wednesday, I will be traveling on Tuesday. Instead of leaving from Birmingham, I will be leaving from Nashville! This is, of course, all thanks to Gustav, the Cat 3 hurricane that is brewing in the Gulf of Mexico. By the way, I have found that I am obsessed with the Weather channel, but only when a hurricane is coming. What is it about natural disasters that makes a body so interested? I sure hope and pray that the city of Nawlin's will be able to ride this one out better than they did in 2005 with Katrina.
So, back to my trip, our destination of Dallas TX will be leading me through places that I have never been before. We will go west across Tennessee and travel through Memphis. I have always wanted to go to Memphis. I've always wanted to walk on Beale St. or tour Elvis' cheesy mansion. Maybe someday, huh? From Memphis, we will be going southwest through the state of Arkansas. Never been here either! The way it looks on the map we will be driving horizontally through the state and go through Little Rock. I don't know much about Little Rock, in fact, the only time I know that I have ever brought it up is when I was singing Reba's song about it. Now, that I think about that song, I don't think it has much to do with the city!!
Ok, so just know that my itinerary has changed however my destination remains the same! I can't wait to see my sister and brother!!!!!!
The next update should probably come from Dallas, TX where I will be discussing how much rain and wind we had to drive through to get there! :)

No comments: